Volunteer Coding for Non Profits - Opportunity Hack
We are currently looking for industry partners and non-profit problems!
Interested in partnering with us this year? Fill this out
Do you know of any non-profits in the valley? We'd love to have their feedback via this form
Connect, Build, and Empower organizations to change lives across the world.
Our 4th annual Opportunity Hack will open at 8:00 a.m. on October 20th.
At Opportunity Hack, you can network, share ideas and build solutions that enable impact and social innovation! Join a team that will hack solutions for any of the problem statements listed by our partnering non-profits!
Check in will be from 8:00 until 9:00. Please note that ONLY THE FIRST 200 will be allowed to enter the door.
At 9:00 we'll have our opening keynote speaker.
Then the fun begins! Our non-profits will all have an opportunity to pitch their ideas to all the participants. We'll be moving this along quickly so that we can move into team building. You can bring a whole team, but if you don't, we're pretty good at facilitating team formation. This is the part of the program that people tend to be the most nervous about, but it all works out. We've done it successfully a number of times and we'll make sure you get hooked up.
9:30 a.m. Non-profits pitch their problem statements to hackers.
11:00 a.m. It's time to get your Hack On! You have from now until 3:00 p.m. on Sunday! We're providing meals and snacks and support around the clock.
3:00 p.m. on Sunday it's time to let the keyboard rest. You'll want to have your prototype and presentation ready for a three minute presentation to the judges with some Q&A. There will be a brief intermission for scoring and then the top teams will be chosen and accolades will flow! This will mark the end of the event and the beginning of the celebration, where we will also provide appropriate supplies.
- 08:00AM: Doors open for check-in
- 08:10AM: Breakfast
- 09:00AM: Opening ceremony
- 09:30AM: Non-profits pitch their problems to hackers
- 10:30AM: Team formation
- 11:00AM: The Hackathon begins!
- Noon: Lunch is served
- 02:00PM: Submit team details
- 06:00PM: Dinner is served
- HACK THROUGH THE NIGHT
- Midnight: Pizza served
- 08:00AM:Breakfast is served & Subject matter experts available (3 hours)
- Noon: Lunch is served / I can’t think straight but this tastes awesome!
- 02:00PM: Code checked into GitHub
- 02:45PM: Presentations submitted on DevPost
- 03:00PM: Hackathon ends
- 03:15PM: Judging
- 05:00PM: Winners are announced / Prizathon!
- 05:30PM: You’ve survived… let’s celebrate!
To be determined - please contact us if you are interested
To be determined
To be determined
See official rules.
- All members of team have registered on DevPost and are added to the project submission.
- Links to GitHub, and video or presentation must be included in project submission.
- At least two members of team will be present in person for demo to judges.
How to enter
- Join Opportunity Hack Arizona on DevPost
- Come to the event with a team or we will help you build a team of like minded folks.